What is a "goal" exactly?
- From the "Perceptual Control" theory; it is: setting a reference that is out of your reach so it creates a motive for you to start taking steps toward it
What a good goal looks like?
- Very clear
- Have a very clear visual picture of what you want
- A "too general" goal is not a goal, e.g. "I want to be happy"
- It make you excited when you think about achieving it
- It is a good goal when you can at a certain point stop and say "I have achieved my goal"
- Towards something, now "away from" something
- "I want to stop doing …" is not a good goal
- "Goal" is something you get to, not "getting away" from, by definition
- All the factors to achieve it are available and at you arm's reach, if not, you may want to set previous goals before that goal
- If it is a good goal, you can start moving towards it right now
Long story short, a good goal is "An Achievement"