The fifth and the last core business process
It is not exactly a step or a process in the cycle. It is more like an overall way to analyze what/how you are doing through each of the 4 processes on the financial level
- Basically, you are spending money in all the 4 processes: value creation, marketing, sales, value delivery. The only part where you are gaining money is in the sales process
The "Finance" part answers very important questions like:
- Where are you spending money?
- When are you spending money?
- How much money you are spending?
- How much money is enough?
- What has to be changed to continue what you are doing?
It is the part at which you figure out what if you can keep doing that & continue to operate that business cycle or not.