"When something is too good to be true, IT IS"
We all know that.
- Trying to present your value form as the flawless, perfect , out of this world will just make people start doubting and searching for the catch, the glitches
- That can be damaging to the trust you want to build with your customers
- You don’t have to pretend to be perfect, or have the perfect product (nothing is perfect by the way :) )
- Just be sincere about the cons of what you offer, especially those your customers will find out about later
- You can present your worst disadvantages in a way that you have the total respect from your customers and you will have their full trust
- Plus we have talked about giving info to your customers and how is that beneficial on the long run. Consider this as extra info to help customers (humans) to make a god decision.
- Think of it also as treating people the way you like to be treated if you were in their shoes
So don’t be afraid to make a damaging admission. It is not as damaging as you might think :)